Chaos to Healing

Monday, May 9, 2016

I had a great Mother's Day and I hope you did too! Joe Dave and I made Grandma a Shaklee shake and offered her some advice on diet changes. Then, I actually had energy and worked in the yard planting some new trees. Yes!!!!

Something hit me in December. I can't explain it. Positive over negative sums it up. I know that can mean a million things. But, I have made some changes: Mentally and physically! With Diet and exercise I am feeling better! I will get there! Of course the sooner the better!!

Sharing a little about my life isn't easy. If I can help someone, it will be worth it.

Let's do a rewind...

My kids used to call me a "Fun Sucker"! My sister was fun and cool, but I was a "Fun Sucker"! Yikes!!! I look back and wonder why they thought that way....Yes, I was always tired and not enough energy. I was only in my 30s.

Oh well, it doesn't matter now, but yes, to some extent, I was a "Fun Sucker!"

The medical chaos began at 30 years old when I went to the doctor. (That was 20 years ago.) Thinking as I was driving that I wouldn't make it there. I kept running my hand over my face, as if that would help relieve the heat! My face was on fire! I knew my blood pressure was high. I knew because I had slightly elevated blood pressure with my first pregnancy. I remembered what it felt like. It was stroke high! I got a shot and was told to relax. They turned the lights out and left me for about an hour. Go home they said, but I went back to work...that's me, always trying to do more and not thinking of the consequences. I should've listened to my body!!!!!

Since that diagnosis, I've had other medical issues throughout the years. The one that has been the hardest to deal with is NASH. The long term is Nonalcoholic Steatohepatitis! It is inflammation  and damage of the liver caused by fat build up. And there is no cure! Little is know about this disease and it can lead to cirrhosis.

Be your own advocate: I struggled with severe fatigue and itchy skin with elevated liver enzymes for several years. A fatty liver they said, lots of people have that. Well do they feel like me? After years and needing answers, a liver biopsy was done and the diagnosis shared. It has been four years of a struggle.

My Endocrinologist is great and upfront. To make the story short, some medicine named Trentol has been used with some success, but funding for NASH is "null"! What!!! Probiotics is also recommended and I left the office thinking about yogurt and probiotic supplements.

So how can probiotics help? The good guys...These good bacteria help your digestive tract and the more the better!  Probiotics are used for IBS, Diarrhea, eczema, yeast infections among others. But the scary part is buying over the counter vitamins that are non regulated by the FDA...Did you know that? Thanks to my friend, a pharmacist, for telling me this. And by the way, they are a Shaklee fan.

Of course I had to do some investigating. Some info on the fda.gov website Titled "Are dietary supplements approved by FDA?

No. Dietary supplement manufacturers and distributors are not required to obtain approval from FDA before marketing dietary supplements. Before a firm markets a dietary supplement, the firm is responsible for ensuring that
  • the products it manufactures or distributes are safe
  • any claims made about the products are not false or misleading
  • the products comply with the Federal Food, Drug, and Cosmetic Act and FDA regulations in all other respects

When I heard about Shaklee Life Shakes with 780x more viable probiotics than yogurt, I was in! I started the shakes in early April and it has made a huge difference. This Energizing Shake has 24 grams of protein (non gmo), leucine and Omega 3! Shaklee also is the number one natural nutrition company in the U.S. Shaklee products are all natural and the vitamins are patented and tested!

I beg all of you to listen to your bodies...don't wait, make a lifestyle change today!

I want to improve my health and change the world. What about you?


No comments:

Post a Comment